Brow Lift Newport Beach
WHAT IS A BROW LIFT? / WHAT IS A FOREHEAD LIFT?
As with many structures on the face, the eyebrows and forehead can fall due to laxity and decreased elasticity of our skin and facial tissue. Also, as we age, we tend to lose volume in the eyebrow area that can exacerbate this issue. This problem can contribute to a tired or aged appearance of the upper face and eyes. While there are many ways to approach this problem, a brow lift may be a good option to help you.
WHAT DOES A BROW LIFT – FOREHEAD LIFT DO?
The goal of a brow lift – forehead lift is to make your eyes appear more rested and vibrant. The art of this surgery is found in the natural results that Dr. Jeffrey Joseph, M.D. can achieve. This surgery is often used in conjunction with other surgeries and/or treatments around the eyes to achieve your goals. After surgery, many people will comment on how rested you look and your improved appearance without knowing that you had anything done.
DO I NEED A BROW LIFT – FOREHEAD LIFT?
Drooping of the eyebrow, if present, is an important contributor to heavy, tired appearing eyes. If there is a significant drooping of the eyebrows, this may be a good option for you. During your consultation with Dr. Joseph in his Newport Beach office, you will learn about the unique treatments he offers, and discuss your individual goals. Together you will develop a plan to maximize your results.
WHAT TYPE OF SURGEON PERFORMS A BROW LIFT – FOREHEAD LIFT?
Surgeons from different specialties may offer this procedure to their patients. As an oculofacial plastic surgeon specializing in the eyelids and the areas around the eyes, Dr. Joseph focuses his practice on this area and this type of surgery. It is important to remember that the eyelids and surrounding structures are intricately related to the appearance and the health of the eyes themselves. Dr. Joseph’s specific training as an ophthalmologist and micro surgeon enables him to accurately and safely tailor your surgery to your specific needs and goals. Dr. Joseph is excited to bring this level of specialized care to Newport Beach.
HOW IS A BROW LIFT – FOREHEAD LIFT DONE?
There are several approaches to choose from when addressing drooping eyebrows.
- Non-Surgical – This is a great options for younger patients, or for those who have only mild changes and wish to avoid surgery. Botox, fillers such as Juvederm ®, or fat grafting can all be used to help improve eyebrow contour and height.
- Brow pexy – This technique can be used for a small lift or stabilization of the eyebrow at the time of another procedure such as upper eyelid blepharoplasty or upper eyelid ptosis repair. Using the eyelid incision or a very small incision hidden in the eyebrow, the eyebrow is fixed at a slightly higher position using sutures.
- Temporal Brow Lift – This technique can be used for a focused lift of the outside, or arch, of the brow. It is usually performed to accentuate the results of another procedure such as upper eyelid blepharoplasty or upper eyelid ptosis repair. The incision is very well hidden in the hairline, with minimal healing time.
- Endoscopic brow lift – This procedure uses three to five small incisions placed and hidden in the hairline. An endoscopic camera is then used to visualize and assist in elevating the forehead and eyebrow. The elevated tissue is then fixed in place using sutures, or specially designed anchors called Endotines or Ultratines. The benefits of this technique are found in the well hidden incisions and faster healing time compared to other, more invasive techniques.
- Coronal brow lift – This powerful technique is used for patients with significant changes of the brow and forehead. The procedure is performed under general anesthesia and recovery time is extended compared to other techniques.
- Direct brow lift – This procedure is very powerful, while at the same time limiting surgical time and recovery time. An incision is made directly above the eyebrow to directly address the brow. Excess tissue is removed and the incision is carefully and meticulously closed to limit scarring. This procedure is a great option for select patients such as those with cranial nerve palsy that can be due to Bell’s palsy or trauma.
WHAT IS RECOVERY LIKE FOR A BROW LIFT – FOREHEAD LIFT?
Recovery varies by individual. The forehead may feel tight for the first week. The area around the eyes is usually swollen and bruised for about 2 weeks. There can be some pain after surgery, but it is usually well controlled with ice compresses and medications. Physical activity is usually limited during the first week. Patients are usually ready to return to work after 2 weeks.
HOW CAN I CONTACT DR. JEFFREY JOSEPH, M.D.?
Click here to contact Dr. Joseph’s Newport Beach office and schedule your consultation.