The world focuses on your eyes,
so your eyes are our focus
JUVEDERM VOLUMA IS A CONVENIENT WAY TO RESTORE YOUTHFUL CHEEKS
Do you have sunken in cheeks and unsightly wrinkles in the mid-face region that make you look much older than you are? This problem can be caused by a variety of different factors, including the natural aging process, genetics, and poor lifestyle habits. Most individuals who suffer from this issue often feel insecure about their appearance and experience a significant drop in confidence.
To rejuvenate their look and boost their self-confidence, most individuals look for solutions that are safe, pocket friendly, and long lasting. With several options available in the market to add volume beneath the skin, it has become easier to restore their youthful cheeks.
Juvederm Voluma is a hyaluronic acid (HA) based cosmetic filler. HA is a chemical that occurs naturally in the skin, but degrades as you get older. Juvederm Voluma makes use of this chemical to provide your skin with cosmetic improvements that last for a long time.
The filler is also imbued with lidocaine, a local anesthetic that helps to eliminate any discomfort you’ll feel from the injection. Juvederm Voluma is injected into the dermis to add volume to the cheeks. The age old method of surgery to define the cheekbones is replaced with volumizing fillers.
PRECAUTIONARY MEASURES TO TAKE BEFORE THE TREATMENT
It is suggested to talk to a general physician before taking any treatment, so you should schedule a consultation with a cosmetic medical professional who has experience performing the Juvederm treatment.
Before undergoing the Juvederm treatment, you should fully understand the precautions involved with it. They are as follows:
- Juvederm Voluma is not recommended for pregnant or breastfeeding women, and you might be advised to wait on the treatment if you are.
- Strenuous exercise, alcoholic beverages, and exposure to extensive sun or heat have to be avoided after the treatment for at least 24 hours
- You should inform your doctor about any medications you’re on, such as aspirin, ibuprofen, or other blood thinners as it may result in bruising or bleeding in the injected area
- Individuals with pigmentation disorders or excessive scarring are advised against undergoing the treatment as it may result in additional scars or pigmentation.
THE BENEFITS OF JUVEDERM VOLUMA
The Juvederm Voluma treatment can offer patients the following benefits:
- Juvederm Voluma has the ability to reduce moderate to severe wrinkles and fine lines
- It restores volume to hollowed out cheeks
- It is useful for plumping up thin lips
- It produces instantaneous benefits that continue to improve over the course of time
- It can be combined with other treatments for a comprehensive improvement in your look
- It provides long lasting results that can be seen for up to a year or more
- The treatment is safe and highly effective
SIDE EFFECTS OF JUVEDERM VOLUMA
While Juvederm Voluma isn’t known to cause serious side effects, there are some things to look out for. You may experience some form of swelling after undergoing the treatment, but this usually subsides quickly. Some patients may also experience small lumps or itchiness at the site of injection.
These side effects are very mild and should subside quickly. You can learn more about what to expect from the treatment during a consultation with a plastic surgeon you can trust.
CONTACT OUR OFFICE
Want to get rid of those wrinkles and rejuvenate your youthful good looks? Contact our office to schedule an appointment with skilled ophthalmic plastic and reconstructive surgeon Dr. Jeffrey Joseph today!